Friday, November 26, 2010

TOP 10 # 1 ~ CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS # 1 ~


No...sadly I do not have a REAL original run copy of this book...but I have umpteen reprints of it if that's worth anything?

It's worth like 200,000 bucks or something like that. Maybe when I hit the lottery I'll get me one. What makes this my all time fave # 1 ?....I love Cap. He's my favorite character of all time.

He always does the right thing and he's noble and brave and honorable. He's a man out of his time and his sensibilities are simpler. Like his young partner Bucky who is now the star spangled Avenger he's got heavy issues weighing down his conscience.

Another cool little angle about this cover is...HE'S PUNCHING HITLER IN THE FACE!!!!

Right there in 4 color process he's bashing Hitler's teeth out. Giving him a good old sock a roonie!!

The image of Captain America is an iconic one. Carrying his shield and wearing the stars and stripes with a big old "A" for America...what is not to love. He is the Hero of Heroes and always will be. Like Super man...Cap has a long line of comic creations based on him and the line is long I'll tell you.

But my love of comics and Cap....only makes it easier to like all those other imitators. The SHIELD may have pre-dated CAP in publication but CAP is the one who caught every bodies eye and attention.

Soon to be a major motion picture...CAPTAIN AMERICA IS...THE FIRST AVENGER!!!

COVER BY : JOE SIMON AND JACK KIRBY.

No comments:

Post a Comment