Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Evel Knievel # 1












This comic book came with the toy. You had to buy the whole stunt cycle set in order to get the comic. Whenever I got the set there was no comic..DAMN! But I always managed to somehow get what I wanted. A friend of mine in Elementary/Grammar school gave me his. He was not as big into comics as I nor was he as big an Evel fan...nor a big fan of Action figures. So I benefitted by his giving me the comic book. I loved that book and read it until it fell apart. Oh sure over the years I got another one and in fact buy more if I run across them. They are usually pretty cheap...5 bucks 10 bucks nothing too bad.








I also loved the ads on the back of the regular comic books available at newstands. There were about 6 in all but...these two seen here along with the comic book are my favorites

2 comments:

  1. This has always been one of my favorite covers. And I'm old enough to have gotten with my own Evel Knievel set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! the first comic i ever wanted.

    ReplyDelete